We bring the startups – you bring your marketing hustle. Hosted during Startup Week, the Start.Me.Up Marketing Sprint pairs creative Penn State students looking to build their portfolios with local startups looking to solve real marketing problems. From logo design to producing a video, and everything in-between – it’s real freelance-style work you can drop in your portfolio.
Important Dates - 2020
- Applications Open Now
- Applications Close 11:59PM March 20
- Finalist Interviews Week of March 20
- Marketing Sprint March 30 – April 1
- Recognition Reception April 2
About the Sprint
- 3 nights at the Happy Valley LaunchBox March 30-April 1 (8:00-10:00 pm)
- 5 startup companies
- 5 teams of 5 creative students
Benefits of Participation
- Teams work with real startup companies with real marketing challenges
- It’s real freelance-style work you and your teammates can drop in your portfolios
- It’s a chance to test your marketing, design, photography or videography mojo
- The chance to win some real money
- The opportunity to be officially recognized for your work by President Barron
About the Funding
- Funding is made possible through Invent Penn State
- 1st Place – $2,500 ($500 each)
- 2nd Place – $750 ($150 each)
- 3rd Place – $250 ($50 each)
SupportersThe Start.Me.Up Marketing Sprint is made possible by:
- Invent Penn State
- Happy Valley LaunchBox powered by PNC Bank
- Bellisario School of Communications
- If you interested in supporting this program through a tax-deductible donation? We’d love to have you involved. Please contact Beth Colledge: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Any Penn State or World Campus student in good standing during spring 2020. This includes students from all Penn State campuses, as well as those scheduled to graduate in May 2020.
Yes. The competition is open to help any current student.
Students are expected to participate over the course of the 3 nights from 8:00-10:00 pm – March 30, 31 and April 1.